The PAVS Guide to Volunteering for...
People Under 25
Would you like to help your local community?
Do you want to enhance your CV/UCAS application?
Do you need a community placement for Welsh Baccalaureate?
Are you interested in volunteering abroad?
Are you looking for informal work experience?
if the answer is "yes" to any of the above - PAVS can help!
PAVS’ experienced advisors can discuss your needs, match you with a suitable volunteering opportunity and give you information on volunteering programmes such as EVS which are only for young people.
Volunteering can help you to:
- Gain work experience
- Enhance your UCAS application
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people
- Feel useful
- Increase your confidence
- Help other people
- Receive training
- Add to your C.V.
- Gain Qualifications
There are many types of volunteering opportunities including:
- Supporting people with disabilities
- Health and Social Care
- Supporting children and families
- Environment and conservation
- Office and IT
- Arts, media and music
- Culture and heritage
Our own *brand new* youth volunteering scheme launched in 2019!
- Gives recognition to young people aged 0-25 for their volunteering activities
- Certificates awarded to individual volunteers at 10, 25, 50, 100 and every 100 hours of volunteering thereafter
- Team Challenge certificates for grops of young people taking part in one-off or regular volunteering activities
- If you’re already volunteering up to 50 hours can be backdated for VIP
- If you’re volunteering anyway (e.g. D of E) it’s really easy to become a VIP as well
For more information please contact PAVS Volunteering Pembrokeshire on 01437 769422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictured below are Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Youth Rangers who have installed the Pembrokeshire Eco Champion information boards around Scolton Manor. The Youth Rangers are the very first PAVS VIP Team Challenge certificate recipients!